My name is Lindsay and this is just so I don't feel guilty for not keeping a written journal...


Monday, July 21, 2014

My Monday sermon


In all seriousness Angry Birds gives me a better sense of accomplishment than doing laundry.

Laundry keeps getting undone and there's no cool sound effects.

Therefore I am not doing any more laundry

...Which is probably a lie, but, for now, I'm going to enjoy believing it.

aahhhhhhh...  

Since returning from Girls Camp last Friday, I've been inundated with ideas for next year which is really a waste of time because I did the same thing last year and didn't use ONE idea.  You just gotta wait for the theme and the girl's opinions.  yada yada.  NO, I say, LEAVE IT ALL TO ME!  

Monica and I looking SMASHING even when in need of showers

Here's why I think Girls Camp is so magical-

it's an intense "refuge from the storm" spoken of in D&C 115. 

(I won't post pics of minor girls without their permission soooo...  ME!  I'M A PRINCESS!!)

We leave behind the "world" and find refuge with faith building activities, adventures, devotionals and yes, princesses.  (I wasn't really a princess.  -just being glamorous for the Oscars, of course...)  The Holy Ghost can easily be felt which means we're spending 4 days swimming in love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance... (Galations 5:22)

Then the idea is, to come home, return to the world, and spew all that goodness outward. 

I had to remind myself of this as I drug these stinkers all over town today-




We did aaaaalright. 

And just like at Girls Camp, I threw lots of candy at them to keep 'em happy.

Happy Monday everybody. 

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Love!

Unknown said...

Lindsay your so good!

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog