My name is Lindsay and this is just so I don't feel guilty for not keeping a written journal...


Thursday, September 14, 2017

Today!


My mom gave me permission to pretend I've done nothing in the last couple months (busiest summer EVER) and just pick up the blog from today.

Today!

I spent AAAAAAAAAAAALL morning (30 minutes) hunting down the contents of my purse after Garret had an all-night hey-hey-mom-left-her-purse-out party.  I could really use some chapstick right now, and do you think Sandwich Express would have mercy on a haggard mommy crying "My punch card was nearly full!  I had bunches of punches!"?

Remember the movie Iron Will?  I couldn't stand it because of the very visual lack of chapstick.


Our cat drama is like The Walking Dead.  Death, violence, pawing at the door... and, of course, the constant change of characters.

Today, it's Shawn, Gubsy and Toula.

Meet sweet Toula (who caught a mouse today!)-


Here's the Gubs (my bro's cat who we've been taking care of.  *whispering* Jokes on bro, 'cause I might not give her back) -


...and you've met Shawn.

What happened to the other cats?  Have you seen Walking Dead?  Mario, Darla, Buster...  They all went out for supplies and didn't return. We got down to one cat (plus Gubsy, who's real name is Shoogadabubs, aka Gubba) and the field mice got together, laughed at our lazy cats, and invaded the house.  So it was move, or bring in another character.  See?  JUST like the tv show.  Toula is now the "Darrel" of our house and we are saved! 

Today I didn't shower, or even get dressed.  Why be fancy when you're stuck to your computer all day? I did, however wear bright pink lipstick.  It was a chapstick substitute and I looked smashing.

Today was some awesome news that a wonderful person is making a miraculous recovery from what doctors believed was, for sure, his end.  I can't describe how happy I am for him and his family.  A true, true miracle!  The news really lifted my day, as dull a day as it was.  I have nothing to do with their story, but we're all connected, right?

So yeah, today was a pretty good day.  :)

1 comment:

Bryce said...

Love your posts Lindsay!
Even the ones that are kinda like the Seinfeld show.
(about nothing)

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog