My name is Lindsay and this is just so I don't feel guilty for not keeping a written journal...


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My... er, uh OUR day

So with this St Patrick's Day being my 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY I would love to put some old wedding pics up. But wouldn't you know, I can't get the scanner to scan these ancient, non-digital images. If Mike wasn't working late he would fix everything and I would proudly stand by and shout, "REWEASE DA SEQUET WEAPON!!" (This'll make sense if you remember a certain scene from "An American Tale".) But in the meantime I'm stuck with what's on my hard drive...

So here's a picture of me from my bodacious, surprise birthday party put on by the best friends a gal could ask for. My sister-in-photography, Sara, set up a rough portrait studio and things got mildly crazy. You can find more of her creative work *here*.

ANYWAY
, back to my anniversary... It's been a good decade, but I don't want to get mushy.

Here's the BEAUTIFUL LDS temple we were married in-Here's us at about the 6-year point. (Baby #3 wasn't even a thought, yet.)
We're not planning anything too exciting. We've got some house projects on the horizon, and want to make sure we've got the cash. But don't worry, down the road we promise we'll go BIG on anniversaries.

My age is kinda hitting me with this momentous day. But I probably shouldn't get caught up in that emotion. I'll save that introspective moment for the next big anniversary when I'm REALLY old. haha

So leave a comment and tell me either what you did on your 10-year day, or what you want to do on that day when it comes, you know, 'cause you're SO young.

And just for laughs, here's a couple quotes from the genius comedian, Mitch Hedberg-
“I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later.”
“If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable...”
Later!

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy anniversary! 10 was actually a pretty life-changing anniversary for us. We were living in California and had one of our first vacations with just the two of us since we had kids. We drove up the coast of California and Oregon. That's when we fell in love with Oregon and decided we wanted to move here, so I guess if it weren't for that trip we probably wouldn't be here now!

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! well for my 10 year i am hoping we will be able to go to hawaii or some place awsome like that. of course that is all dependant on finances as well so we will probably end up in a tent somewhre close by :) try to have a romantic dinner tonight after the kiddos are in bed at least!

DeAnn said...

Jonathan and I weren't in the same state for our 10 year (or 9-year). I was vacationing in Utah and he was working in Wisconsin. One of these years we'll do something BIG--I hope.

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

I don't even remember our 10th anniversary. Do you? You, age 6-1/2, were there. We didn't really start doing anything noteworthy till our 20th. Btw, great picture!
(The deleted comment above was mine. Typo.)

Christy Jones said...

Wow, 10 yrs! I remeber your wedding like it was yesterday! We are almost at our 10 yr mark and hope to go on another cruise like we did for our honeymoon. We shall see as it requires baby sitters and we seem to be out of those at the moment!! As far as your age you are still younger than me so I have absolutely no sympathy for you!! I hope you get to do something fun for yourself and Mike!

Sue O said...

I don't even remember my 10th. But Jeff forgot our 25th, which didn't win him any points! BTW, I have my Google Chrome set to Elmer Fudd language, so we really related to your early sequet comment.

Sue O said...

On the music player, post it anyway, as long as you don't set it to play automatically.

DebZ said...

10th Anniversary? Hmmmmm..... that takes some digging into the old recesses of my memory banks. As memory serves, that was the anniversary (and Christmas) Ron spent in a military-related school in Maryland, while I was with the 6 kids in Sweet Home, Oregon, with my parents. Seemed most important days were spent that way during our military years. lol

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog