My name is Lindsay and this is just so I don't feel guilty for not keeping a written journal...


Thursday, February 10, 2011

awwwwwww...

I believe Garret was 6 when I snapped this picture.  It was early evening and the light was perfect.  I could have tried to "photoshop" the dirt off but Garret has, for years, loved to rub food, dirt, socks, etc over his mouth for the pure joy of texture.  (I like to rub wool on my face.  How 'bout you?)

Anyway, I was just working on archiving and organizing old pics and this one surfaced.  It makes me think of that song Richard Dreyfus sings to his son in Mr Holland's Opus.  

..."Beautiful Boy"!

6 comments:

Christy Jones said...

so am I crazy or does he look alot like Mike?? love the pic.

Radke said...

Adorable. I like to feel fur and silk on my face.

hopeE said...

one of my favorite pics of my daughter was of her tossing dirt up in the air to drift down onto her. Children are so delightfully tactile. I love that you didn't photo shop out the dirt. It's such a unique memory.

DeAnn said...

That is a great picture.

Unknown said...

i love the liners in jackets that you can rub together and make a zippy sound. i need to try it on my face! he is a beautiful boy!

GoofyJ said...

adorable! I love rubbing my cheek on the baby's face and hair - so soft! :-)And that dirt is just so boy :-) Dirty faces are adorable on kids.

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog