My name is Lindsay and this is just so I don't feel guilty for not keeping a written journal...


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Poor, poor Suzanne...

I am exercising my rights as a done-with-school, I-do-what-I-wanna-do adult and ditching the book I was reading.  (Stubborn Twig by Lauren Kessler)  I may finish it one day.  I may not...

I will, however, report my thoughts on the book thus far-

BOOOORING.

(This may expose my unsophisticated self, but that charade ended long ago, right?)

A quite interesting story.  Really!  But it felt a little... textbook.  Add to that dryness the occasional jab at our far-from-perfect, but well-meaning, government and I'm going "nyahh"Can't they highlight anything the government did right??

SO... On to my next literary conquest!

Sweet, sweet Suzanne (featured here) has lent me "Horse Boy" by Rupert Isaacson.

Already the prologue has given me chills and a watery eye.

Sweet, sweet Suzanne might not get this one back.

Poor, poor Suzanne...

1 comment:

Bethany said...

You should start coming to our book club. We could use a few more members in our small group.

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog