My name is Lindsay and this is just so I don't feel guilty for not keeping a written journal...


Monday, May 7, 2012

A weekend without television


Friday:

A lovely 10-mile run with friend/neighbor Joanna where conversation overshadowed the uphills and fatigue.

Volunteered at the elementary school's family fun night.  I ran the kiddy basketball challenge.  ...I suppose I was the right person for that since compared to me they could feel like athletic superstars.

A women's workshop night at church with lessons on marriage, family recreation, organization and such.  (I learned that the world's largest hairball is in Oregon.  Can you guess what I'm doing this weekend???)

After the workshop going out to eat with lady friends.  By then I was a complete lump and I think my only contribution to the conversation was the melody to a song that was stuck in my head.  ...Being a lump was my fault, but the song?  that was Solana.

Saturday:

Our 2nd annual charity run for Mama Baby Haiti was a small but smashing success!  We held it on my country roads and with the delightful weather we all left happy and looking forward to next year.

Cleaned the house like maniacs so later that day I could be like  OH MY.  The place is a mess!  Please excuse the shiny floors and glistening windows...

My cousin Becky and her family arrived in the evening.  We tried oh so hard to have a lively evening reunion but our exhaustion pummeled us all down to an early bedtime.   

Sunday:

I fumbled my way through church with red-exhausted eyes and a gash on my forehead.  (Didn't sleep well even with the early bedtime and the wound was from me being stupid Saturday morning...)

Spent time with cousins eating cake and exploring the bridge down the street and napping and jabbering and refereeing lively hide-and-seek games.  If Becky would just move up here (with her family of course) then I could help her set some goals for running and she could get me reading more.  That's just a win-win right cuz?

----------------- 

Another agenda item to add to my list of things to do when I'm rich is to hire a personal photographer.  My own photo journalist that tracks my family through our adventures?  eh??  Then maybe I'd have more pictures worth showing...

Suzie and cousin Allison cooperating their way through teeth-brushing time

And don't worry about the lost TV time.  I'll catch up...

4 comments:

DeAnn said...

I'm glad you got to see Becky/Becca and her family. I had such a fun time with her and Claire.

Anonymous said...

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain
La, la........

heehee. :)

Anonymous said...

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain
La, la .....

heehee

Anonymous said...

whoops! now it will REALLY be stuck in your head. lol.

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog