My name is Lindsay and this is just so I don't feel guilty for not keeping a written journal...


Sunday, September 11, 2011

an honorary obligation



I was hesitant to do a post in honor of the date.  It just seemed obligatory.  But after I posted my facebook status:

10 years ago I was weeks away from having baby #1.  It was the first time I experienced the "momma-bear" instinct.  Who DARES to destroy my child's country?!


-I thought about how I am part of that history and that makes what I have to say worth something. 

But instead of my words, how about Garth Brooks?  One of his best songs was used as a tribute to the Oklahoma City bombing.  I think it applies today.



And if you're not wanting to take the time to listen now then here's the best line from the song,

"What I do is so 
this world will know
that it will not change me."





Garth Brooks | Myspace Music Videos





2 comments:

DebZ said...

(sniff, sniff) Amen.

Daughter of Eve said...

I remember experiencing that "mama bear" feeling that day, too.

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog