My name is Lindsay and this is just so I don't feel guilty for not keeping a written journal...


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How could I say no?

Since our kids are flight risks we keep a safety lock on the front door. This vexes Brenda greatly and she continues to experiment with various escape tactics.

Like today- I was sitting at the table with my lunch when suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to find myself staring straight down the handle of our wooden mop. "Now," Brenda said calmly, when she was sure she had my attention, "OPEN. THE. DOOR."

I decided to give her points for creativity and complied. We had a lovely time digging under rocks and giggling at the "rolie-polies" (aka potato bugs).

5 comments:

Kathy said...

That's too funny! I love it! :) Gabe was our escape artist when he was little. He would figure out every lock we put up. I remember when we put up the chain and he must have been around 2. He sat on the floor staring up at that thing like he was just working out how to get to it and how to work it. It didn't take long, so we had to install a keyed dead bolt and hope I could find the key when someone came to the door. He also tried going through the garage door but I would always hear it open, so the next trick (when he was just a little older) was learning how to disable the automatic opener (by climbing up on something and pulling the string) and then quietly lifting the door. And then there was climbing over the fence in the back yard. Ahh, memories. :)

Ellen said...

If I had a child that was a flight risk I would get one of those deadbolts with a key pad. Heck, my child is NOT a risk and I still want one!

Unknown said...

that...was...AWSOME! elliott was our escape artist and eli is our current flight risk. due to the older siblings he gets out often. but at least we have a good place for that to happen. brenda rocks!

Bethany said...

Oh...too funny!! That did actually make me laugh out loud.

Brenda said...

You have got to write a book. You are hilarious. I'm still laughing!!

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog