My name is Lindsay and this is just so I don't feel guilty for not keeping a written journal...


Monday, May 31, 2010

Mailbox, Movie, Mother Nature, and maybe cucumbers?

Dear Mom,
The trip to the mailbox today was only to retrieve the envelope that Brenda stole from the car, as I knelt in the weeds. (Turned out to be the car registration. Where did she think she was sending it?) -Love always, Lindsay

So I watched '17 Again' last night. I still don't know if I liked it or not. I will say this- I want that backyard!
And tonight, with dirty fingernails and a sore back, I'm grateful for the inspiration. Normally by April my face is pressed to the windows with a crazy gleam in my eye. OOOh, the projects I'm dreaming up! But this year I have just been grumbling and cursing nature. How dare you bully your way into my life!
But to clarify, my yard will NOT be looking this cool (see above picture) anytime soon, but will just look like somebody cares.


So did anyone really like that movie? There were just so many awkward moments. I think it flopped a bit. But, you know, whatever...

Brenda helped in the yard by gathering pulled weeds, digging holes, and looking fabulous.
And here's some happy news. My veggie box-planter is showing life! I'm not sure what it is, though, thanks to a bad labeling job. (It was me. I did it.) Baby steps, baby steps, baby steps...

5 comments:

DeAnn said...

I liked 17 Again yet it was slightly painful to watch at times. I'm getting Leap Year tomorrow from Netflix--I really liked that one.

Sue O said...

I am in the process of digging daffodil bulbs, all kinds of varieties. Want some?

Kathy said...

I thought 17 Again was a little bit entertaining, predictable, and forgettable, but I do remember thinking over and over how ridiculous it was that she wouldn't recognize her husband at 17, especially since she knew him then. Not that you would ordinarily think "this must be a younger version of my husband" but still. Of course it helped that they were played by different actors. :) And yes, the 17-year-old hitting on the near-40-year-old woman was awkward. Oh yeah, and his daughter having a crush on him was awkward too. I guess I remember it better than I thought!

Christy Jones said...

I love the backyard from that movie too!!I don't think it would work out too well in the NW with all the rain! Wrong plants! I too look at my yard and dream, if only...!! I am with you on that movie, didn't really like it much.

Lindsay Z said...

DeAnn- I liked Leap Year! (Kinda silly but fun) Sue- No thanks, I've got lots of those around here. I think I want some hostas.

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog