My name is Lindsay and this is just so I don't feel guilty for not keeping a written journal...


Monday, August 16, 2010

three bodacious kids and a tired-wired mommy

I went digging through my beloved photo archives and if there are any of you who still don't believe that I have the cutest kids then let us put that to rest now. Shall we?

Last Fall Brenda threw a surprise b-day party for me. She decorated, made a cake, and lovingly wrapped a present. The gift was Garret's teddy-bear (Jack) that I didn't get to keep. And I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was all three months early.

**************

This is possibly my favorite picture of Suzie.Never mind the laptop and rumpled couch behind her.

**************

Garret loves to swing. And while swaying back and forth has surprisingly great eye-contact.
The mud? Well, he's a boy!

**************

This afternoon my sis-in-law and I took the kids to Target for school supplies and deodorant. The deodorant is for me. The school supplies- for the kids. We sauntered through the automatic doors feeling relaxed and in control. Then, about, 47 hours later, ran for the van in a blur of plastic-bags and kids. The unexpected goodies that found their way into my cart consisted of clearanced shirts for Garret, fruit snacks for our tummies, chapstick for my luscious lips, baby-wipes for ...you know, a plastic cover for a certain boy's mattress, new bedding for Brenda, and band-aids for fun.

Why am I blogging this? Well, next time someone says, "Why should I blog? Who wants to read about my mundane life?", you can say, "I read Lindsay's and you don't get much more mundane than that." Then your co-conversationizer will say, "Dude, I'll blog 'cause Lindsay does." Then you say, "Word." 'cause you're cool.

Oh gosh. I need to get some sleep.

P.S. I saw 'Juno' last night. I wish I could get away with talking like that. But I'm just so darn sophisticated.

3 comments:

Christy Jones said...

I LOVE your blog!!! can totally relate to the mad dash at Target, did that yesterday only at Fred Meyers!!

nuttbutts said...

you are too funny! so...did you like juno?

lindsay said...

Christy- So, what did you get at Freddy's??
Sara- After simmering over it for a few days, (you know how I am) I decided that yes, I like it! Next time we talk I'll go into detail.

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog