My name is Lindsay and this is just so I don't feel guilty for not keeping a written journal...


Monday, August 16, 2010

three bodacious kids and a tired-wired mommy

I went digging through my beloved photo archives and if there are any of you who still don't believe that I have the cutest kids then let us put that to rest now. Shall we?

Last Fall Brenda threw a surprise b-day party for me. She decorated, made a cake, and lovingly wrapped a present. The gift was Garret's teddy-bear (Jack) that I didn't get to keep. And I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was all three months early.

**************

This is possibly my favorite picture of Suzie.Never mind the laptop and rumpled couch behind her.

**************

Garret loves to swing. And while swaying back and forth has surprisingly great eye-contact.
The mud? Well, he's a boy!

**************

This afternoon my sis-in-law and I took the kids to Target for school supplies and deodorant. The deodorant is for me. The school supplies- for the kids. We sauntered through the automatic doors feeling relaxed and in control. Then, about, 47 hours later, ran for the van in a blur of plastic-bags and kids. The unexpected goodies that found their way into my cart consisted of clearanced shirts for Garret, fruit snacks for our tummies, chapstick for my luscious lips, baby-wipes for ...you know, a plastic cover for a certain boy's mattress, new bedding for Brenda, and band-aids for fun.

Why am I blogging this? Well, next time someone says, "Why should I blog? Who wants to read about my mundane life?", you can say, "I read Lindsay's and you don't get much more mundane than that." Then your co-conversationizer will say, "Dude, I'll blog 'cause Lindsay does." Then you say, "Word." 'cause you're cool.

Oh gosh. I need to get some sleep.

P.S. I saw 'Juno' last night. I wish I could get away with talking like that. But I'm just so darn sophisticated.

3 comments:

Christy Jones said...

I LOVE your blog!!! can totally relate to the mad dash at Target, did that yesterday only at Fred Meyers!!

Unknown said...

you are too funny! so...did you like juno?

Lindsay Z said...

Christy- So, what did you get at Freddy's??
Sara- After simmering over it for a few days, (you know how I am) I decided that yes, I like it! Next time we talk I'll go into detail.

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog