My name is Lindsay and this is just so I don't feel guilty for not keeping a written journal...


Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ask me about my grape juice.


I made grape juice from the vines in our backyard. Dabbling now and then in such domestic mannerisms gives me just enough of an elevated ego to join my fellow homemaking friends in such conversation as...

"So my pumpkin crop is looking plump."


"Oh great! I made grape juice."

"What am I going to do with all this zucchini?"


"You oughta try my grape juice."

"Do you blanche your broccoli?"


"Ummm... grape juice."

See? I fit right in.

9 comments:

GoofyJ said...

The leaves are falling nicely in our back yard.... Yeah, I didn't think it worked to well either. I'll just drink your grape juice.

Sue O said...

You picked your grapes already?

Lindsay Z said...

The GOOF- Next time you're in time we'll have grape juice together!
Sue- YES. And they're SUPER delicious!!

Radke said...

Homemade grape juice sounds wonderful! Is it a lot of work?

Christy Jones said...

Just don't let it sit in a dark place too long otherwise you will have wine! I love home made grape juice!!!

Sue O said...

Then I'm going to do mine this weekend. Nicole, if you have a steamer it's easy. You don't even have to process the jars after you've sealed them.

Brenda said...

Lins, you're ahead of me. I did domestic zilch this year. And I hate all the canning & gardening talk because even though I did it for YEARS as you know, the guilt still haunts me. Actually I did freeze a bag of blueberries from my bushes. A bag. One. However, I like hearing about what you've done. Maybe I'm close enough to you to feel the accomplishment vicariously.

Brenda said...

Oh, and some bags of strawberries. And we ate our Asian pears that we grew .... see, guilt.

DebZ said...

Brenda, you shouldn't feel any guilt. You are in a different season of your life. Instead, just do what I do! Smile and pat yourself on the back whenever your daughter follows your path and cans fresh produce. Pride in your children out-trumps guilt anyday! Wouldn't you agree?

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog