My name is Lindsay and this is just so I don't feel guilty for not keeping a written journal...


Wednesday, March 16, 2011

late night reviews

So recently I've had good luck with the movies.  So I'm sharing it with THE WORLD.

Whip It I've been ordering girlfriends to go see this one.  (Phase 1 in forming my own roller derby team...)  The main actress is the girl from Juno and she is perfect.  The dynamics with her mother are so well done.  I'm also a BIG fan of Julliette Lewis though I'm not familiar with many of her movies.  (She's incredible in The Other Sister.  Have you seen it??  You've GOT TO.) 

The Other Sister- 'Cause I just thought of it...

The Maiden Heist-  This one is strangely charming.  The magic is the combination of Morgan Freeman, Christopher Walken, and the other guy.  (Can't remember his name, but he's delightful.)  If you're not yet a HUGE fan of Walken, then this movie ought to convert you.  

Sweet Land- I've seen this twice now and I'll see it again I'm sure.  Oh my goodness.  It's a slow, sweet, funny, heart warming, thoughtful, GOOD, independent film.  Those of you who've seen it- didn't you LOVE the scenes with that squeaky bottom stair step?? haha!  And did you cry at that one scene?  You know you did...

WARNING: The latter two have bare-bottom scenes that are so funny...

Have you seen these?  Do you agree with my review?  Any recent favorites you want to tell me about?


Yes, I'm up late again.  My son is ummmmm...  cute.


P.S.  The last post was on the 1-year anniversary of the blog.  One year of consistent journaling!  YAY ME!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Thank you! Our taste in music doesn't always line up, but you are my best source for a dependable movie review. They're now all on my queue which means at our rate, we may get through them by mid-2013.

Kathy said...

I haven't seen any of those. Looks like I need to visit my Netflix queue. Happy Bloggiversary!

Val said...

Oooo...Christopher Walken. ANY movie with him in it is a winner. His SNL skits are pretty awesome to. Cham-pan-ya.

Radke said...

Some of these were already in my queue. Now the rest are too. Thanks for sharing them.

Cooper Family said...

I really enjoyed Whip it too! Although I am a little scared at the thought of being on one of those teams. I'm glad you liked Maiden Heist. I thought you would. I'll have to take a look at Sweetland.

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog